Monday, October 17, 2011

The South Passage

This is probably one of my favorite pieces, just because I spent so much time working on it. Though it's probably the most unoriginal as I based most of it off of a photo, but as you might start to notice, I can't resist the dark, contrasty look. The play of shadow and light is completely fascinating to me, and though I don't consider myself all that great at capturing it, practice makes perfect, right? Riiight...

So here is Han and Leia having one of those moments.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I've been gone for awhile. I do love the dark and the light, you do a great job with it. I like also, that it seems as though Leia is reaching out and holding his hand almost in a comforting or encouraging fashion. I don't know which pic you used for inspiration, were they holding hands in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this picture: http://fuckyeahhanandleia.tumblr.com/post/11108155911/starwarsbehindthescenes-carrie-fisher-stood-on

    ReplyDelete